Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Manifesto...

After reading Karim Rashid's, "Karimanifesto", where he created a 50 point guide to life and design, I have been inspired to create my own manifesto. (You can view Karim's work at  www.karimrashid.com, unfortunately, he does not have his entire work published yet.)

10, maybe 11 things I believe are most important to live and to live creatively by...

-Go out and experience life in different cultures beyond your own, its the only way to really understand other people

-Take some time to relax and breathe, its good to give your creative mind a break once in a while

-Don't be a follower all the time, be a leader, step up and believe in your own abilities

-Take a road trip somewhere, I don't care where, just spend some time in a car, it will get you thinking, you'll be surprised

-Go on a backpacking trip in the nature, take in the scenery, it make spark some creative ideas!

-Make friends in your industry and keep them, they will be extremely beneficial to you at some point

-Use your family for support because when no one else believes in your ideas, they will!

-Go out and do something creative in a different sense. Dance, sing, draw, even if you are no good at all of those things. It will help in mysterious ways!

-Do something for yourself once in a while, you'll always deserve it!

-Trust your gut instinct, although at times you may find it hard, push through and just go with it! 

-Finally, live in the present because the past is behind us, and the future wont exist unless we do something in the present!

So this is where I'm supposed to write a closing to this blog, but what if I don't want to stop?
I may be done blogging for my Media 203 class but I'm not nearly done blogging yet! I never use to like writing and reflecting in high school because I was being graded on every little thing, there was no room for creativity. Now, on my own blog, I can be as creative as I want. I can say and write what I want the world to see and no one is there to judge. You said you wanted a closing blog but unfortunately, this is an opening to a whole new world of blogs.
I'm not done here, this is just my beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment