Monday, March 21, 2011

Los Angeles...is that in California?

I've traveled by myself before, I've gone international, and I've even gone on those teeny tiny 12 row planes, BUT I have never been diverted or had an emergency landing to another airport due to bad weather! That was my first memory of my Spring break trip to Los Angeles, California. After that, it all got a little better....

So to begin, AHHHH, I made it, after a 6 hour flight, and an hour bus ride to Burbank. I'm here and I could not be happier. The atmosphere and the people that surround you are just so different then my home in New York, and school in Ohio. I'm not completely sure if this will be where I end up after graduation but I'm sure after this week I will have a much better idea. I'm not sure what I want to do after I graduate. I have ideas of taking a year or two off and working out in Colorado or staying in New York and moving into the city or coming out here to Los Angeles. I'm only a freshman in college, so people say I have some time but it would still be nice to have some clue!

An Ohio University graduate named John Swartz came to speak with us during dinner. He works as Kathleen Marshall's assistant. Kathleen Marshall is famous producer and has produced a ton of well-known titles such as Schindler's List, The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button, and is currently working on War Horse will be out in theatres very soon. John talked to us about living in Los Angeles and his struggles and what he loves. He told us about how he got his job and his life at Ohio University when he was a student. I took a lot from him. I thought he was an excellent first presenter for this trip. He gave us all faith that we can do it too, he was once in our shoes as well. He has it all now and really enjoying his life. He gave me answers to some questions that I had and was just very real and honest in everything he said which I truly appreciated. I hope to stay in contact with John, he would be a great person to network with in my future.

I'm pretty sure I made the right choice in coming to Los Angeles for my Spring break and doing something that is not only beneficial for my education but my future. After this week, I have no doubt in my mind that I will have a much better clue of where I want to be in my future and what I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment