Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Creativity is Influenced By...


My creativity literally comes from within my mind. When I have a great idea, I try very hard to make it a reality by using a camera or even a pencil. I don’t love to write or even draw, my passion is photography so sometimes my creativity doesn’t come to reality exactly how I had imagined but it always suffices my ideas. Three famous artists including photographer Ansel Adams, painter Salvador Dali, and another photographer, Alicia Bock, inspire my creativity. All three are completely different artists, but all three inspire my creativity. 
  

This is photograph is called Road—Nevada Desert and was taken by Ansel Adams. He was a landscape photographer who inspires me to shoot what I see, even though the image will not be exactly what my eye initially saw. His art inspires my creativity to be spontaneous and just go for any shot I see! In addition, this photograph specifically portrays the ideas of objective and subjective thinking. When someone first views this photograph, they see a long road in front of them. The road to them is a just a peaceful landscape photo that the artist wanted to capture. As the viewer continues to look beyond the obvious in this photograph they soon understand the subjective of the artwork. The viewer will see their future or the long road ahead of them in life. They may also feel that this future is uneventful and quite possibly boring because there are no bumps along the way. There are no choices in this life because there are no road signs or even cut-offs to other places. In an objective glance this is just a road, but in a subjective look, this is a whole future about to start. For Adams’ photographs, it certainly is not just what meets the eye but rather, he makes his viewer go one step further and interpret. This technique influences my creativity and allows me to keep my viewers in longer as they try to truly understand where my art is taking them.



This painting was done by Salvador Dali and is called Lexus. Dali was a surrealist painter of the late 1900s whose bizarre and abstract paintings inspire me to follow anything that my creativity might come up with. His work encourages me to be ok with my art even if it does end up being a little bizarre or not perfect. If my ideas seem a little jumbled in my head and end up coming out the same way in my art, it is ok. It is still my creativity and my ideas. In addition, this painting displays the ideas of active and didactic learning. With his painting, Salvador Dali wants his viewers to have to find out the information for themselves instead of getting it spoon-fed to them. He wants his art to be a lot more powerful and his viewers to use their creativity within themselves to figure out his creativity that is right in front of them. He strives to makes his viewer’s active learners and figure out what is going on in the painting. Dali wants his viewer’s to be scratching their heads and wondering why all the objects are so bizarre and oddly laying on other objects. Dali’s techniques continue to inspire my creativity in ways unimaginable. When viewers see my creativity I want them to figure out what was going on in my head at the time, I want people to think. Otherwise, my creativity has no meaning and everyone in this world would be able to understand me perfectly, and we know that is just not possible!

This photograph was taken by Alicia Bock and is called A fine way to spend the afternoon. Bock is a modern photographer who tries to capture light and shadows in many of her photographs. This inspires me because those are two aspects that I strive for in all my photographs as well. She also attempts to capture memories, which stimulates my creativity to be active all the time and my fingers to constantly be snapping shots. Bocks work also portrays the ideas of conscious and subconscious thinking. When viewers admire Bock’s work, they are consciously thinking state fair but subconsciously they are thinking childhood, memories, and fun. This technique inspires my creativity because I want my viewers to have conscious thoughts followed by subconscious thoughts. I want my viewers to be thinking between the lines and not just what is right in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment